Common Cup is proud to partner with Shelter Association of Washtenaw County for a Homeless Shelter Drive. The last day for donations is this Sunday, April 12.
With ANY donation you can pickup a FREE small drink of your choice, any of the items listed in blue will get you a FREE large item. Just bring the donation item to the register you will get a treat of your choice!
The items listed below will go directly to the men and women we serve. Please note we cannot accept toiletry items that have been opened. We also cannot accept used clothing or used bedding, towels or wash cloths. Please see note below.
- Unopened hotel/trial size soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion
- Toothbrushes & toothpaste
- New twin blankets, new sheets and new pillow cases (please no comforters, down or wool)
- New towels & new wash clothes
- Foot powder
- New socks & new undergarments in original packaging
- Hand Sanitizer
- Half price bus tokens, 30 day bus passes
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Facial tissue
- Plastic utensils
- Sturdy, disposable plates, bowls and cups
- Disinfectant wipes
- Razors/shaving cream
- New backpacks
- Bottled water
- Gift cards (Meijer, Target, Kmart, etc)
- Rain ponchos
- Shower shoes, flip flops, etc.
- New sport bottles for clients to carry water
- New sleeping bags
- Nail clippers
- Chap stick
- Pens, notebooks
- New hats, new gloves & new scarves
- Pocket hand warmers
Common Cup is located at 1511 Washtenaw Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48104. Please call with any questions at 734-327-6914.
As part of an ongoing bed bug prevention program, and due to space limitations the shelter is not able to accept used clothing, used bedding or used bath towels and wash cloth donations of any kind. These items may be taken to Kiwanis (665-0450), Salvation Army (332-3474), St. Vincent DePaul (761-1400) or Ann Arbor Thrift Shop (662-6771). These organizations have processes in place to prevent the spread of bedbugs.