COVID Policy – Updated 11/24/2021
· We highly recommend that you wear a mask while in our building during this time, as a Christ-like act of love and care for those who are highly vulnerable. Parents, please keep doing what your children will tolerate.
· Our congregation is responding to COVID in a way that relies on the medical knowledge God has given our health care professionals as they work to keep us safe, in addition to our faith which inspires confidence in God.
· Our policies and practices are put into place to protect all of us; we have chosen to use the recommendations of our Washtenaw County Health Dept. as our guide.
· Holy Communion may be taken at your seat, or as you come forward, given to you by servers who have just sterilized their hands and are masked. Holy Communion is also celebrated every Sunday at 9:45 a.m. in our Great Room.
· Be active in the opportunities we create for all of us to care for and thank our health care providers and their families. Be in prayer that they will be blessed with endurance, patience, and the presence of the Lord when families are missing their loved ones who are working overtime in hospitals and health care facilities. Let’s do everything we can to ensure that our hospital beds, ICU units, and emergency rooms aren’t filled to capacity with COVID-19 patients.
· Let’s also be in prayer for those who are at high risk of infection, that those who are most vulnerable will be protected, and that we will act lovingly and selflessly, willing to take precautions that are best for them when we are together.
· Whatever you choose, don’t choose not to worship. If ever there was a time to worship – live or online – this is it, because in worship the grace of God flows with all its power to give us the renewal of faith we need for times such as these.
· Please feel free to call our church office at 734.971.0550 with questions or concerns you have regarding our response to COVID.