The mission of the Lutheran Women’s Missionary League is to assist each woman of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod in affirming her relationship with the Triune God so that she is enabled to use her gifts in ministry to the people of the world.
Trinity Lutheran Church in Pinckney will host the LWML Fall Rally on Saturday, October 27 from 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Brad Garrison on the Luke Project 52 Clinic. Bring a friend and your Mite Box! Trinity is located at 5758 W. M-36 in Pinckney, MI 48169. Registration is $5 and a free-will offering will go to Zone and National LWML. RSVP appreciated! Please bring ingathering items from this list.
New Mission Grants voted in at the LWML MI District 2018 Convention
2018-2020 Mission Grants of LWML Michigan District – $242,050
1. Filling pulpits by Providing Scholarships for Michigan Men in Seminary – $25,000
2. The Luke Project 52 Mother and Baby Clinic – $25,000
3. Financial Assistance for Concordia Theological Sem. Ft. Wayne, IN, Food and Clothing Co-op to Purchase Food – $10,000
4. Trinity HOPE Haitian Feeding Program – $15,000
5. Acts 2 Enterprise – Impacting Lives in Michigan’s Urban Communities – $25,000
6. New Beginnings for Children with Learning Needs – $25,000
7. Women Reaching Arab Women with the Gospel in Dearborn, Michigan – $25,000
8. Scholarships for Female Students Studying to be a Deaconess or Professional Church Worker – $20,000
9. Lutheran Books for Missionaries Around the World (Lutheran Heritage Foundation) – $15,000
10. Expanding the Connecting Kids to Christ (“Gifts for All God’s Children”) Tutoring Program – $25,000
11. Support for Concordia Seminary’s (St. Louis) International Graduate School Students – $10,000
12. MOST Ministries Eyeglass Edger – $22,050