By Amy Balzer-Pemberton
Ah, Summer is finally here and I keep thinking, we’ll have time for ALL the things on our Bucket List. Yeah, right. I sometimes lose sight of what our time as a family is really about … making lasting memories. Below are some great resources for your memory making:
1. Summer Reading Bucket List
I love this idea–reading in different places, specific type of subjects … who doesn’t love reading to a pet? It’s a fun twist to a summer reading program.
2. Michigan Activity Pass
Our amazing state has revamped the “Michigan Activity Pass” allowing library cardholders throughout the state to gain free or discounted access to over 385 sites and events. Check out this article on MLive.com–and then visit the online system to see all the options.
3. Check out Michigan Bucket List Compilations
- The Ultimate Michigan Bucket List for 2015, published by A Healthier Michigan
Great post taking you all over the state and through the year.
- 90+ Places for Outdoor Activities in Southeast Michigan, by Mrs. Weber’s Neighborhood
This post is broken down by counties within Michigan.
- Bucket List for Kids: 101 Things to Experience in Childhood, by Metro Parent
This was a cute list–put together by local families, things like “44. Wear a costume when it’s not Halloween.”
- 2015 Summer Bucket List for SE Michiganders by 1000 Hours Outside
This grouping is a wonderful resource, categorized by animals, nature centers, free swimming places, and the very helpful inclement weather.
4. Other Free/Low Cost Activities in the Area
- Urban Fairy Door Tour
Take a fairy door tour in Ann Arbor, finish the day off making your own fairy door.
- $1 Summer Movies at Goodrich Theaters
Watch select movies for ONLY $1 every Monday through Friday at 10:00 a.m.
- Kids Bowl Free
Register on the website and kids can bowl up to two games for free all summer long at participating bowling centers.
- Ann Arbor Summer Fest
A2 Summer Fest is in full swing until July 5 with over 140 concerts, events, and movies.
5. Additional Online Resources
- I follow this blogger on Facebook–she is always updating with activities for kids in the Ann Arbor area. www.annarborwithkids.com
Do you have anything you’d add to the list?
Read more of our Summer Family Discipleship blog posts here.