Prayer Journal for Mexicali Mission Trip – April 2-10, 2015
We invite you to pray daily with us and for us as we travel on this servant trip to be with God’s people in Mexicali. The outreach is sponsored by Azusa Pacific University and will include worship time with students from around the country. We will be serving a variety of churches in the Mexicali area leading VBS and helping with other tasks. The key for us is to be flexible and ready to serve in any role requested. We will also have fun, grow in community with our group and other students, and learn through God’s Word. We value your presence with us in thought and prayer.
We invite you to come join us on Sunday, March 29 at St. Luke, Living Water, and University Lutheran Chapel when we will be commissioned. We welcome your support at these services.
During our week in Mexicali, we will focus on the theme of Isaiah 6:5-8:
Then I said, “Woe is me for I am ruined! Because I am a man of unclean lips. And I live among a people of unclean lips. For my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.” Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a burning coal in his hand which he had taken from the altar with tongs. He touched my mouth with it and said, “Behold, this has touched your lips, and your iniquity is taken away and your sin is forgiven.” Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here am I. Send me!”
I see the Lord . . . I know I’m unclean compared to Him. Then he does something wonderful! He forgives me! Even as wonderful, He asks me to be His ambassador with the message of this forgiveness He has given me! I answer, “JESUS USE ME!”
Even before we leave on April 2nd, we invite you to pray for our mission trip preparation.
Thursday, April 2 – Day of travel – Pray for Noah, Chad, and Paul
- Pray for safe travel. We will be leaving DTW on Delta #87 at 8 pm (EST) and arriving in San Diego at 10 pm (PST) and also SW #614 and #151 at 6 pm (EST) with 10 pm (PST) arrival in San Diego.
- Pray for good health for the group as we travel.
Friday, April 3 – Day in San Diego – Pray for Randall, Lizzie, and Suzy
- Pray for us as we have a day of preparation and fun.
- Pray for the adult leaders to be blessed in their service to their students.
- Pray that our hearts and minds are prepared for servanthood so that God will use us in his ministry to the Mexicali churches.
Saturday, April 4 – We begin our mission – Pray for Silas, Andrew, and Becky
- Pray for safe travel as we head to our base across the border around 11 am (PST).
- Pray that God grants us strength to be accepting as we meet new people from a different background.
- Pray for safety through the week.
Sunday, April 5 – Easter – Pray for Joel, Sarah, Ackylai, and Cam
- Ask God to give our group cooperation, ambition, and teamwork while we serve in Mexicali.
- Ask God to bless our time with the children in Mexicali and let the Gospel of Christ show through us.
- Pray that we make progress on any additional projects we have been assigned.
Monday, April 6 – Pray for Tim, Jon, Eliana, and Spencer
- Ask God to renew our focus that we may continually do His work.
- Please pray that we may encounter receptive hearts of those we serve, that they might be open to the Gospel we share with them.
Tuesday, April 7 – Pray for John, Katherine, Lucie
- Pray that God extends his love through us to the people we are serving.
- Pray that our group will grow closer to God and each other throughout the week.
Wednesday, April 8 – Pray for Ben, Sandra, and Charlotte
- Pray that the group might grow spiritually.
- Pray that we may be able to adapt and be flexible to all the challenges and changes that we may face.
Thursday, April 9 – San Diego – Pray for Brooke, Duane, and Sarah
- Pray for our time of reflection on our week that God will work powerfully in our lives.
- Pray for safe travel back to CA arriving in San Diego around 5 pm (PST).
Friday, April 10 – Day of travel – Pray for Angela and Emily
- We will be leaving San Diego on Delta #1628 at 7:00 am (PST) and arriving in Detroit at 2:30 pm (EST) and also on SW 2172 and 343 at 1:30 pm (PST) with 11:45 pm (EST) arrival in Detroit.
- Pray for safe flights and good health.
- Give a prayer of thanks for the service that we were able to do in the past week.
- Pray that we may find peace and rest after the eventful week before we return to classes and work on Monday.
We are grateful for your sincere prayers and your daily support! We appreciate your participation in this meaningful journey and are so blessed to have you as part of our team. Without you, our trip would not have been possible.