By Janette Haak
Today in the Sheepfold, the children heard different stories; however, they have one unifying theme. The church motto at St. Luke Lutheran Church is Up, In and Out. Today we will investigate OUT during our Sheepfold as well as during the church service.
Acts 2:42-47 Tells us that the church grew because of the witnesses.
Psalm 126 Tells the nations that “the Lord has done great things.”
Two weeks ago, we were reminded that we need to look UP to the Lord. Last week, we were reminded that he has also given us family and friends to support and encourage us (IN). This week, we will hear about what it means to be a witness for the Lord (OUT).
PK4&K heard “The Parable of the Lost Coin” taken from Luke 15. When the woman found her coin, she went to tell her neighbors. We, too, have great news to share.
1st grade heard “The Parable of the Good Shepherd” taken from John 10:1-18. This parable is such a wonderful reminder of how important each of us is to God.
2nd grade heard “The Many forms of Prayer.” They learned a variety of ways to pray for themselves, friends and the community. What a great way to reach out!
Choose one of the suggestions below to discuss with your family this week:
- Fear can be a hindrance to us and our witness. What can you do to overcome that fear?
- Being a witness for the Lord can be as simple as telling someone about what God means to you and what He has or is doing in your life. Discuss some things that God has done or is doing in your life.
Choose a family activity:
- As a family act out a parable that was taught in class. Use the scripture references above for the full story.
- Role play telling someone about what God has done or is doing in your life.
- Remember to Bless your children every morning and every night before they go to bed. When they leave in morning, you can touch them and say, “May you walk in the Light of Jesus today and shine brightly.” At bedtime, you can say, “God Bless you tonight, keep his angels around you and give you a restful sleep.”
God Bless you and your family this week as you look for ways to be the Light of Jesus to each other and those you meet.
The Sheepfold Staff